Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Restlessness

I have to confess that I've been feeling a little lost these days. The daily grind brings some sense to the days as they pass by in an eternal blur. Much like the proverbial fog rolling in from the sea blanketing a city, I am the proverbial citizen left disoriented and confused as the weight of the air press down on me and sight cease to be the most important of the five senses. Now that all the shows I watch regularly in the US have gone on hiatus, I've pretty much lost my direction during weekdays.

No, seriously, I am devastated.

It used to be so simple. Mondays had Heroes, Tuesdays- Veronica Mars, Wednesdays- catching up on the TWoP forums, Thursdays- the utterly delectable Ugly Betty and The Office, Friday- mad squealing over Thursday's shows. Thanks to the American hiatus system, which I don't even understand and can't find a page on Wikipedia to explain it, I am left on the edge of my seat as I wonder how Peter can come back from a possibly fatal ass-whipping from Sylar. OMG.. Heroes will be the death of me.

Luckily, there is one saving grace on TV right now. Call it what you will but America's Next Top Model is back, and I'm totally loving it. I love everything about it; Tyra's spiral into both inanity and insanity, the cattiness/false modesty of the models, the fact that there's a quiet 'wink-wink' consensus by the producers,models, audience that thus far no previous winner has actually achieved 'top model' status in the US, let alone make a mark on the international modeling circuit.. Finally, there's meaning again on Wednesday nights and while it may be mindless, reality-escapist/bimbotic meaning, I'll take what I can have.