Thursday, October 27, 2005

When it rains, mate. It fucking pours.

I'm curious. What possessed the creators of Blogger to insert Webdings as one of their font options? I can't imagine it gets used a lot. Did it somehow seem weird not to have a font option that is unreadable because we're so used to skipping past it in Words? Huh.

Anyhow, because I have known Mei Juin for like *what's eighteen minus seven*.. ah, eleven years now I guess that's why I'm not ignoring this. Not in the mood to be funny though. So skip this if you don't really give two shits about me.

And why is it when I alternate between Georgia and Lucinda Grande, I see no difference? Huh. Blogger's putting up really unnecessary fonts. Or my browser's acting up again.

Ten Years Ago I was:

Eight. Standard 2 Setia in Sek Keb Taman Megah. Awesome stuff man. If I had to relive my primary school years I wouldn't change a thing. Although now that I'm typing it out I realize that I don't like Verdana very much so I'm going to change the font. Better? Boleh larh. Right then. Let me see if I remember... Jo Weng, Sai Ho, Zhin Theng, Eugene, Mei Juin, Anna, Grace. Playing catching whenever we had the chance to. Especially after we finished classes for the day. Cause Standard 1, 2, 3 ended earlier than the 4, 5, 6, and most of us had elder siblings, we had time to run around and play. Huh. I think I once could run. Oooo. I also had the best neighbours while still in Taman Tun. 'Till they moved away we had a ball playing well, football (Sadly the lameness and pun-iness remains regardless of current mood). It's where I learned that you can't be afraid of close contact and just dive in for the tackle. Of course, couple of years later when puberty struck and everything the tackles were less aggresive. I think with boobs come the power to gain the ball from guys.


5 years ago I was:

In Form 2 Kiambang, Sek Men Keb Damansara Utama. Oh my god. Most distinct memory was the basketball finals between the 2 Kiambang girls and the 2 Something girls. Massive bitchiness ensued when Kiambang lost. And I remember feeling really bad. Cause I was friends and got on well with people on the other team so the fact that we loss didn't really affect me that much. Form 2... It's where I first met Ninny too! I, like many others I'm sure, was initially fooled by her seemingly demure appearance, fair skin and soft voice. But it was a real ball sitting next to her. In fact, out of 5 secondary years, 3 were spent with mutual sarcasm, teasing and infinite lameness. Granted 2 out of the 3 was where I lost all interest in attempting to speak Cantonese/Mandarin around her. God.. she'd just burst out laughing just cause she has all these superior speaking skills! Plus, maybe I suck too, that might be a possibility.


1 year ago I was:

Ya see what I mean? Webdings is useless.
Translation: Ya see what I mean? Webdings is useless.

Anyhow, one year ago I was in Trinity, and I meant all these crazy people who I'm fortunate enough to be still close too. Some that over time became accquaintances of course. But the ones that really mattered.. I'm glad to say I still talk to on a regular basis. Also, one year ago I learned how to write a proper essay. No more 'cut and paste' jobs you hand up during Form 5. Now, the very word, plagiarism, strikes fear in my heart. One year ago I was proven wrong on a couple of occasions. 1) That the whole 'friends forever' philosophy is complete and utter bull propogated by idealistic suckers. And 2) That distance should not be a factor if you're ready to commit yourself. You just got to watch out for those fickle minds.


Yesterday I was:

*The font options are so limited.*
Pissing Nick off.
Messing up at work. Thankfully the customers didn't raise a ruckus.
Emailing Addie and Friendster messaged Mei Juin.
Chatting to Aizam from DU as well. Chatted while waiting for tram to arrive.
Talking to a tute mate about bands and I accidentally called him a bitch. He's going to see Foo Fighters in Dec. And he also mentioned how he went to watch Coldplay in action when they went to Singapore ages ago. *bitch... grr*


5 snacks I enjoy:

Cottage Wise chips in Malaysia. The green packet one. They are the Godfather of all chips.
Agar-agar.
Those bloody not-worth-it-but-oh-so-good Pocky chocolate sticks.
Choc Chip Macademia cookies from the Famous Amos. Everything else pales in comparison.
Tau Foo Fah. With Soya Bean milk too. Goddamn Melbourne..


5 Songs I Know All the Words To:

All the songs from Blue's Clues. My brother thinks I'm a nerd but he secretly watches it with me too.
Happy Birthday. You don't?
The theme song from Scrubs. One of the best TV series theme songs ever.
The other being Popular, that dysfunctional teen series that was scrapped.
And the last being the Malcolm In the Middle one. "Life is unfairrr."


5 Things I would Do With A 100 Million Splurges:

Pay the people at Blogger to take out Webdings and add another more applicable font = 250.
Pay off my loan = 5000.
Buy a pool and install it in my house = however much it costs.
Lots of DVD TV series that I want and install a TV by the pool.
Fill the pool with the balance leftover and swim in it. Of course, they're notes. Imagine diving into a sea of one cent coins. I doubt it'll be quite so soft.


5 Bad Habits:

Choosing money everytime people ask one of those, "What do you want.." type questions.
Letting my dirty clothes pile up until all I have left is my jeans with THAT hole in it and a grubby tee.
Using my sisters cotton wipes to wipe the toilet counter. It's her mess damnit!
Buying chicken/onions/veges but never cooking them till they go rotten.
Not defrosting the fridge til the icebox looks scary huge and the fridge door can't close. What follows is an hour holding a blowdryer and a screwdriver to get rid of said ice.


5 Biggest Joys:

Money. Hell yeah.
Not being caught in the rain and instead staying at home and laughing at the suckers stuck outside.
Visiting friends blogs and seeing an update.
Not completely screwing up this semester.
Spending time doing something constructive. Why does Donald Duck wrap a towel around himself after a shower when he doesn't wear any pants?


5 Favourite Toys:

Not the rubics cube. I freaking hate that goddamn cube.
Not Monopoly.. Too darn long and boring.
Freecell and Spider Solitaire.
Ben, Ethan and Seth at home, I guess.
I can't answer this question properly. My mind immediately thinks of other toys best left in one's imagination.


5 Places I Would Run To:

The toilet. When nature calls...
Chairman's room. Close enough. Hann Meng's room... I'm dead by then.
The vending machine down stairs.
My bedroom. It's like all of 4 steps.
Ticketek to buy the Coldplay ticket. If I had money...


5 Things I Would Never Wear:

Micro mini anything.
Those hair baubles/clips the Mainland China/Hong Kong girls wear in their hair.
Those baggy pants from Sungai Wang. The one's with the reflective surfaces.
Orange pants.
Trucker caps. I hate them.


5 Favourite TV Shows:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer. No contest.
Scrubs/Malcolm in the Middle. Because they're half hour programs I'm putting them together to count as one.
Gilmore Girls. Popular too while it was still on.
Arrested Development/Grounded for Life/Just Shoot Me/We Can Be Heroes/That Nickelodeon Show with Shia Lebeouf and Christy Carlson Romano. Ah.. Even Stevens! Presssssureee. Too many shows.
Grey's Anatomy. It grew on me.


5 Fictional Characters I Would Date:

Eduardo from the Extreme Ghostbusters cartoon. He was hot stuff.
Daniel Osbourne aka Oz from Buffy. Who cares if he was monosyballic? Seth Green man!
Jess from Gilmore Girls Season 3. He remains the hottest Gilmore Guy so far (in the eps that I've seen).
Spike/Xander from Buffy. Seriously. Who wouldn't?!
Mark from Empire Records. Hee hee hee. Ethan Embry.
Steve from Blue's Clues. He's majorly cute.


5 People I Tag:

Sophers. Cause I wanna know what you were like when you were 9. Were you always this dysfunctional?
Addie. I wanna know the 5 fictional characters you'd date.
Yoong Mei. Because you're on holiday. Consider it homework.
Mich. Because this takes forever to complete. And errr... just do it. I'm sure you'll assure us that there is more to East Malaysia than orangutans and sakais. :)
Chrissy. Cause you haven't updated in forever. And this could be your starting point.
And whoever wants to kill time cause this thing takes forever.


For those that made it to the end, I salute you! I had trouble getting to the end myself. Right.

Next question: How the hell do you do that typing bit with a line through words to make it look like it's crossed out but it's actually still readable? I want to fully abuse that quirk. Sharing is caring, so spill.