Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Zombie nation!

Zombie doll making party #4!

This is why I love my friends. And also why Snakes and the Chairman is never to leave the country ever again.

Tomorrow not for the first time ever I will be interviewing someone for an article. For the first time ever though, the article will get published. I hardly ever get nervous, not even when it's 3.20 pm and I'm 350 words away from finishing an essay that is due at 4. This random spurts of energy and adrenaline is rather interesting.

For the first time ever, here's something I wrote that I actually like!

Let me preface this review by stating the cardinal rule of theatre: Show up on time or don’t bother showing up at all. It’s an age old adage. One of few responsibilities an audience member has (no mobile phones or talking during the performance either). It is merely a simple sign of respect for the actors and production crew, who have choreographed, timed and perfected their piece without including interruptions of the whispered “so sorry, excuse me, had car troubles etc..” kind. The illusion of the performance on stage is shattered whenever some dickhead stumbles in the dark, groping for a spare seat while trying to do it as quietly (never works, mate) as possible.

-exhales-

It feels good to get that off my chest. I suppose it shall not come as a surprise when I reveal that there were a fair number of stragglers who crashed their way into the theatre much later after Romeo and Juliet had started. Cheers, tossers!


Too bad it had to be cut due to word space constraints.

Alanis, now this is irony.