Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I am not the lowest of the low.... yet.

Three weeks after my interview with McDonald's then I get a reply. To be insulted that I probably wasn't their first choice or to be grateful that I'm finally going to be employed? I'm going with grateful. Extremely grateful, in fact. Urgggggh. I am grateful to a fast-fast company that is responsible for eroding many nation's private and national culture while promoting a cosmopolitan world filled with Happy Meals. I will be a part of the transnational company that is a symbol of massive commercialization and globalization. I will be part of a company whose annual turnover could possibly solve, or at least halve Africa's debt. Sigh.. Still grateful.

Seriously though. You can accuse me of selling out but I guess this is me at my most primal/basic. Fact is, I'll do anything for cash. Anything of course, that doesn't compromise my self-respect. I don't feel the need to justify my actions. In short, I really don't care what people have to say about me, family included, as long as I know that I can look myself in the mirror and smile. Or at least attempt a grimace cause if anyone smiled everytime they look themselves in the mirror, that'd be just really weird.

This is me at my most honest:

I quite like Backstreet Boys.

And I am thrilled at getting the job.

-----------

Rant #1:

Why do people opt to take the easy way out in life? The way I see it, life isn't half as complicated as people make it out to be. All you got to do it make choices. You are responsible for the choices you make. It's so simple. That's why I hate it when people start moaning and bitching about who/what screwed them over. I especially hate it when people start blaming God. It's such an easy road to take. (Keep in mind that an atheist is speaking here, so don't read too much into the God comment). All I'm saying is, it's so much easier to play the blame game then to actually step up and take responsibility. Say for example you don't like your job. You're working way too many hours for a paycheck that isn't barely enough. So quit. Don't piss and moan about how the proprietor of the restaurant is screwing you over. Do the right thing and quit. Get a new job.

It drives me crazy that my sister don't see that. She makes too many excuses, and not enough proactive decisions. See, if she doesn't come whining to me I really couldn't care less. She knows what my stance is. Yet she comes whining and pissing and groaning to every single person standing in her path. Me included. I'm not saying, "Woe is me". I just absolutely can't stand it when she doesn't do anything to create change. GAH. Pressure pushing her over the limit? Start doing assignments/studying earlier. HOW DOES SHE NOT SEE THAT???????? And then when she does make decisions, they're usually the easier ones. She'd rather get herself involved in shoddy underdealings than work a back-breaking job. Gahhhhh.

Maybe I'm spoiled cause all my friends, whether they believe me or not, are so capable. I've been blessed with smart, self-sufficient friends who cope relatively well under pressure (the occasional freakouts aside). I don't know how to deal with my sister. There, I've admitted it. She and I see eye to eye on very little things. And the way she leads her life is yet another one of those things. I have so, so, so much respect for my parents. I think I've been accomodating over the couple of years, but these days I find myself getting riled up where I once would have been complacent.

How can you be 22 and still pull shit like that? Shouldn't you mature instead of de-evolve as you grow older? Shouldn't some semblance of rationality sink in at the age of 21? When does one finally realize the significance of the common good and stop being so goddamn selfish?? At what age do you stop being such a royal screwup? GAH.

I can't be a psychologist. I'd end up bashing my patients to death with the clipboard that I've written their life story in. Hee hee. Black comedy.

-----------

Of the seven mortal sins, which would you be most guilty of? Mine would be pride. It'll be the cause of my downfall. I'd rather go and take out a loan then ask my parents for money.

Thank you Charmie-Charm-Charm, aka Little Miss Psycho Baker, for supplying me with yummy baked goods. You're nuts woman. Seriously. But the good kind. Like hazelnut, almonds and macademia. Not plain ol' peanuts. :) Thank you!!

-----------

Rant #2:

I hate stupid Costa Rica. I hate their Consular General is in Sydney. And that an application for a visa must be made in person at said Consular General in Sydney. Holy shit. I hate that I didn't do this earlier during the break. Yes, yes. My fault for procrastinating. But oh well. Day trip to Sydney... boleh larh. I figure I'll take a flight out and a bus back. I just can't figure out when to go. And it's bugging the hell out of me. When the visa is approved, I'll have to travel there to get it in person too. Sob. Money flying out of pocket.

It has to be on a Thursday though. That's the only day that I didn't list available on my McDonald's application form. So there. Morning flight out. Bus trip back at night. Reach Melbourne Friday morning. So fun.

-----------

I have a question. Can you actually hear other people's stomach growling which in a sorta quiet atmosphere? Cause if you can... alamak. *Sheepish grin*