Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The God I worship: Joss Whedon.

Hey man.. To each his own, eh? I don't rib you about worshipping some shepard fella, don't bug me about worshipping the Lord God that is Mr Whedon. Unless I do already rib you about your God. Then tit-for-tat, eh? But then your god says revenge is bad. So, sit down and rilek sikit larh.

Massive holidays mean massive DVD/TV watching. In terms of DVD watching, the only one so far I've watched is the Firefly series, created by The Man himself, Joss Whedon. It's the series that got cancelled by that damn network that also just recently put the axe on Arrested Development. FOX I'm looking at ya, you bastards. Gah. Anyhow, massive DVD sales caused movie executives to realize that they should milk this for all it's worth. Hence Serenity, the movie. And if you think I'm just some psychotic-biased Joss Whedon fan, the movie is #201 on IMDb's top #250. So give credit when credit's due, kids.

It's without a word, awesome. The attention to detail, the set, the costumes, the mythology itself. The relationships. The chemistry between the cast. The acting. I mean, we're talking Nathan Fillion in the lead and doing a pretty darn good job too! He's that guy who was not one of the 'two guys' in Two Guys and a Girl. I think he was the girl's boyfriend/fiance/didn't really give a crap about that series to bother to find out. And he was that guy too in Blast from the Past who was wearing 'some other guy's underwear' (Calvin Klein). Hee hee hee. So, who'd have thunk that this guy who was in running with David Boreanaz for Male Kayu of 2005 (Boreanaz has been champ the past 3 years. Mischa Barton has been holding on to the female crown for 2 years running now) could have redeemed himself so well in Firefly? Maybe it's something about Whedon that draws out the best in an actor. I mean, Sarah Michelle Gellar in Season 1 Buffy was utter crap to the complex being in Season 6 (cause that's how far I watched. If you mock me, you'll go to a "special hell", one that is reserved for child molesters and people who talk in theatre). That line there I stole straight from Firefly. Whedon is my God. Wahhh... must resist adding references to Firefly.

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back." Lol... It's Nathan Fillion's face when he says it. It's pure shit-eating snarky wit. Gorram. Noooo. References stopping. Soon...

Don't you just love it when bloggers on on and on and ON and ON about things you don't give two shits about?

Final rant today regarding TV, I promise:
The trailers for Veronica Mars on TV is utter, utter bullshit. See, the walking Barbie herself, Paris Hilton guest stars in an ep, and the trailers that are running make it so that Hilton is this super main character. What the flying... rutting trailer. References stopping. Soon. Anyway, it's awfully misleading. Because people who tune in to watch won't even see Paris Hilton won't even see her in the first ep! (She guest stars in the second ep). Then all the people won't like it and nobody will watch and it'll be taken of air and while all this is going on my goddamn download still won't be completed. Gorram. References stopping. Soon. Anyhow, the lead actress, Kristen Bell is smoking hot already the way I see it. Who needs Paris Hilton? Stupid TV executives.

End rant.

Right. Now we talk about my life outside of TV series. Yes folks, there exists one.

I hung out with Sammy Snakes the whole day yesterday and it was awesome. Went to Monash Caulfield and was surprised that there was civilization outside the city. My heart nearly stopped when I saw a KFC. If that's not a sign of evolution I don't know what is! Allah... I get that I'm working at Macca's but fast food is fast food, eh? No need to get all nit-picky. We also noticed Caulfield's penchant for err... stone figures. You'll know what I'm talking about soon, Spaghetti. Lol. How strange. And Snakes taught me how to play something on the guitar! Just think about the 2 hours plus of your life that you're never going to get back. Thanks?

And I stuck up the mosquito net on my window. I have thwarted your evil plan, you blood-sucking fiends!


Literally, stuck it up. It is held up by a whole lotta tape.


Note that no matter how much you curse, even in all the languages you know and those which you don't, the net will keep falling. At least until you've used half your tape on the top. Sigh. I give it two days come summer.

----------

The most interesting thing came in the mail today.


Wahahahahhahahhhahahahhahhhaha. Come Soph, let the world hear our evil laughter! Suck on this...

Suckers!

Now, let's all now take a moment to register just how incredibly literal that actually is. Huh.

---------

Oh right! My pretty desktop wallpaper from the previous post!


How gorgeous is Kristen Bell? And this is just her in all her grainy glory.

----------

And you say I don't ever post pictures. Come on Addie. I wanna see your hair now!

---------

I've been reading tons about eyebrow piercings and I'm getting real paranoid about it migrating. That's the term for when it sorta moves from it's original piercing. And it might or might not prove to be problematic. Taking a quick surf online did not help either. It's a battlefield littered with horror stories. Eech. Stupid eyebrow piercing. Why are you so rutting susceptible to migration?! References stopping. Soon.

So, here's to me. Just in case the skin around my eyebrow splits and I have to remove my piercing.


Your eyes do not deceive you. That is indeed a Dilbert laminated cartoon on my right. It's the very first thing we posted up on our notice board.

Now, hair please, Ad?