Thursday, July 06, 2006

Idiot says, "What?"

Chapter One: Karen Goes to the Coldplay Concert and Spends $75 on Truly Essential Stuff.

3rd of July 2006, I went to see a band that I love. In short? It was awesome. The long story? it was the best fucking, most awesome-mest concert this goddamn-ed person has ever been to!!!!!!!1111!!!! Youth Group opened, and me not being familiar with their stuff, still went along for the ride waiting patiently for the real stars to hit the stage. And boy, did they not disappoint. Sophie Poo and I were that close to the stage that we could see the sweat drops on Mr Martin's face. Unfortunately, we weren't close enough to grab the cameras that they threw out. Some other bastards got it. (Bastards)

Chris Martin had a very engaging stage personality. Those weird movements that he does on music video and live performances telecast on MTV? Well.. they're for real. And Guy Berryman.. dear Guy. Where I was standing I had a direct view of Chris Martin and Jonny Buckland, which was awesome and all that. But can I just say that the aching calves borne from standing on my tippy toes to see Guy was completely worth it? He's hot stuff. Really is. Will did his thing, every beat on key, being a stellar example to little drummer boys everywhere. But man of the concert undoubtedly goes to Jonny B. His riffs, guitar hooks, Christ... simply fantastic. Of course, the band would be nothing if not for the camaderie between the four, and the crowd was definitely witness to that testament that night.

It's definitely fascinating to see the crowd Coldplay pulls in. In the free standing area, there was a mix of teeny-boppers, college kids (us, hello!), artsy-fartsy types and believe it or not, old dudes of the 'I-need-reading-glasses-to-look-at-the-programme' kind. The old dudes were hilarious. They were even more into Youth Group then I was! Puts my father to shame. Hee.

To conclude, the night was fantastic. Fantastic music, excellent company and a totally awesome band meant that the money was not a waste. Chalk one up for good concert experiences!


Chapter Two: Karen Packs for Home in Thirty Minutes and Forgets Among Other Things, Her Driver's License.

I came home from the concert completely beat, so I figured I'd wake up early the next day to pack for home. The alarm was set at eight, to allow time for me to head down to the city and pass Soph One Tree Hill Season 2 as well as buy other random stuff for my room. Alas, I slept through the alarm only to wake at ten, and me being me adhered to the "five more minutes" rule. Finally when I got up again it was eleven ten am. The bus service was arriving at twelve so I hightailed my ass out of bed and got to washing up and taking a shower. Hence, I only started packing my bag at eleven thirty.

What I forgot:
1. My goddamn driver's license. That's one year of hype and longing.
2. My goddamn camera.
3. Yoong Mei's belated birthday present. Sorry dude.
4. The Chairman's farewell present. Re: above.
5. Nick's birthday card. Re: above as well.
6. My goddamn medicine. My skin is absolute shite now.

Idiotsayswhat?

What?

Fuck, fuck, fuck. And then some.


Chapter Three: Karen Comments on People Who Comment.

If you comment on this post:
1. I'll respond with something random about you.
2. I'll challenge you to try something.
3. I'll pick a colour that I associate with you.
4. I'll tell you something I like about you.
5. I'll tell you my first/clearest memory about you.
6. I'll tell you what animal you remind me of.
7. I'll ask you something I've always wanted to ask you.
8. If I do this for you, you must post this on yours.

Warning: Replies might take a mite longer than usual seeing as to how I'm on holiday and all that. So don't feel despair upon not getting a reply. Hell, I'll be damned if no one even bothers commenting, which will probably be the case. Nyeh. Less work for me!